Pregnant and out of your first trimester? It may have been exhausting and hard (and still may be!), but here are 5 things you can do in your 2nd trimester of pregnancy when you might be feeling a little more like yourself again:
- Schedule your prenatal appointments: During the second trimester, you’ll have regular check-ups with your doctor or midwife to monitor the health of you and your baby. Make sure to keep all of your appointments and ask any questions you may have during this time. This is also when you’ll often be able to see your baby clearly in an ultrasound and find out if you’re having a boy or girl.
- Reserve your maternity session (can also reserve your newborn session at this time: This is a great time to photograph the changes in your body and the growth of your baby. A professional maternity can be a fun and memorable experience, and you’ll have beautiful photos to look back on that you can’t take any other time.
- Start preparing your nursery: As your baby’s arrival gets closer, it’s a good idea to start getting your nursery ready. Think about the colors, theme, and furniture you want to use, and start shopping for the items you’ll need. So many furniture options have really long lead times lately, so you’ll want to be sure you order things you need asap.
- Consider taking a prenatal yoga or exercise class: Things like prenatal yoga, walking/hiking, or exercise classes can help prepare your body to be strong for labor and delivery.
- Start thinking about your birth plan: During the second trimester, it’s a good time to start thinking about your birth plan and any preferences you may have for labor, delivery, and postpartum care. You can discuss these with your doctor or midwife and make sure that everyone involved in your care is aware of your wishes. This is also a good time to consider if you might want to hire a doula, for during labor, post natal are, a night nurse for after baby arrives, etc.
Remember, every pregnancy is different, so it’s important to listen to your body and make decisions that feel right for you. Your doctor or midwife can provide you with additional guidance and support as you navigate the second trimester of pregnancy and I would love if my studio was also part of your journey as your baby grows.
Hi! I’m so thankful you are checking out my work here at my website and blog. A little more about my studio… I have a full, size inclusive, studio wardrobe, with of over 200 dresses and robes for moms (size 0 – 26) from my favorite places like ALL of the dresses above along with hundreds of choices for babies, children, and shirts for men. Hair and makeup is also available before your session to make your session as simple and stress free as possible. All you need to do is arrive with your hair in a bun and sweatpants and I’ll take care of the rest.
Looking for 5 Things To Do in Your 2nd Trimester? Jenny Cruger is the top Nashville maternity photographer.
If you love these photos, and you are looking for a Nashville maternity photographer I would love to begin planning your session. I have over 12 years of specializing in my favorite ages of tiny humans, maternity, newborn, and young families and I would love to photograph your family. To see more of my maternity portfolio please click over here and get in touch if this is something you would love for your baby and your family.
Wondering what full sessions look like? I would be happy to show you what an entire gallery looks like while this blog space receives new posts, including older sessions mixed among new session sneak peeks. I feel strongly that potential clients are able to see many full galleries of real sessions so you know exactly what to expect from your portraits as well! If you are interested in a custom portrait session with Jenny Cruger Photography and would like more information, please click here to learn more about me and this experience.
I’m currently reserving all 2023 sessions. If you would like to reserve your Nashville area maternity, newborn, or family photos, in my downtown Franklin studio or field on my calendar I would love for you to contact me here.