Specializing in Nashville newborn photography, this is the most beautiful way to photograph the early moments of your growing family. Your portraits serve as a treasured reminder of those fleeting first weeks and months that pass by so quickly, especially when your life is a blur of pure love and sleepiness. While posed newborn photos with intricate props and backdrops can be stunning and are an artform on their own, there is something special about capturing natural moments with your newborn.
Here are some ways I work toward achieving pretty and natural newborn photos:
- Find the right lighting: For me natural light is key for achieving soft and pretty newborn photos. My downtown Franklin studio gets plenty of natural light and we schedule your photo session during the day when the light is brightest and best, get that soft and diffused stunning light I’m known for.
- Keep it simple: The focus of your photos should be on your newborn, not on elaborate props or backdrops with me. I’m always creating simple and neutral backgrounds & furniture that won’t distract from your baby’s features or your family’s connection and beautiful textures of creams and whites to wrap your baby in.
- Natural moments: Instead of strict posing of your baby or family, I like to create natural moments as they happen, which often means giving you a prompt or pose and letting you lean into it more naturally as we go. Photographing your baby as they sleep, yawn, or cuddle with a you or a sibling is stunning and these natural moments will make for some of the most beautiful heirloom portraits.
- Get up close: Newborns have tiny features that are too cute not to photograph up close. I use a special macro lens to get close-up shots of your baby’s tiny fingers, toes, and facial features.
- Patience: Newborns can be unpredictable, and getting the perfect images may take some time. Keeping the studio calming, not putting time limits on your session, and giving you and your baby what they need allows me to create a stunning gallery for you whether baby is sleepy or wide awake.
Natural newborn photos are a timeless way to remember the early days of your child’s life. By following these tips and allowing your baby to simply be themselves, we’ll create beautiful and meaningful memories that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
Here is one recent little guy to show you some of the variety a session with me includes.
Hi! I’m so thankful you are checking out my work here at my website and blog. A little more about my studio… I have a full, size inclusive, studio wardrobe, with of over 200 dresses and robes for moms (size 0 – 26) from my favorite places like some of the clothing above along with hundreds of choices for babies, children, and shirts for men. Hair and makeup is also available before your session, and by Canvas + Coif above, to make your session as simple and stress free as possible. All you need to do is arrive and snuggle your baby.
Jenny Cruger specializes in Nashville newborn photography and is the most sought after maternity and newborn photographer in Tennessee.
If you love these photos, and you are looking for Nashville newborn photography I would love to begin planning your session. With over 12 years of specializing in my favorite ages of tiny humans, maternity, newborn, and young families and I would love to photograph your newborn session. To see more of my maternity & newborn portfolio please click over here and get in touch if this is something you would love for your newborn.
Wondering what full sessions look like? I would be happy to show you what an entire gallery looks like while this blog space receives new posts, including older sessions mixed among new session sneak peeks. I feel strongly that potential clients are able to see many full galleries of real sessions so you know exactly what to expect from your portraits as well! If you are interested in a custom portrait session with Jenny Cruger Photography and would like more information, please click here to learn more about me and this experience.
I’m currently reserving newborn sessions well into 2023. If you would like to reserve your Nashville area newborn photos for 2023, in my downtown Franklin studio or field on my calendar I would love for you to contact me here.