Thinking of family photos with your little ones?
Here are my top 5 favorite reasons to have a studio family session over an outdoor family session.
1. Weather. As a Nashville family photographer for 11 years, weather has been more and more unpredictable every year. If you want to be sure the date and time you choose doesn’t need to be reschedule (sometimes multiple times) for good weather, opting for a studio session means you get your portraits done exactly when you plan for them.
2. Variety. Photographing your family and children in the studio brings a ton of variety in posing and prompts, and, as this mama said, keeps your babies close to you without wanting to run all over outside. Kaylee mentioned that she felt like she got more intimate images with her, otherwise wild and free, littles by having this session in the studio.
3. Your Home Décor. Consider what your home design looks like and what will look best on your walls. Do neutral walls and floors and warm natural wood tones look great in your home? My studio might be the perfect setting to make your family portraits into stunning artwork that blends seamlessly into your home’s style.
4. Bedtime. Outdoor sessions are at sunset, which can mean as late as a 7:30pm start time during some parts of the year. If you’re concerned about your baby or child’s bedtime, opt for a studio session which can work around nap time during the day, or an outdoor session in the late Fall to Winter months. (We have very mild winters and Nov-Jan outdoor sessions are often a great time of the day for little ones and stunning outside in the field.)
5. Flexibility. Photographing your family in the studio also means that we aren’t working against a sunset, so if your little ones need an extra snack or have a meltdown, you hit traffic, take longer doing hair and makeup with Kaylee, can’t decide what to wear from the studio’s wardrobe, you have all the time you need; no rushing required. The studio is calm, inviting, and easy going for your family. I also have more studio openings on my calendar than I do field openings, so if you’re needing a last minute session, be sure to take advantage of that.
Check out Kaylee’s studio session with her babies below!
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I have a full studio wardrobe, with of over 150 dresses and robes for moms from her favorite places like all of the clothing above along with hundreds of choices for babies, children, and shirts for men. Hair and makeup is by Kaylee Wilson, the mama above, and available at the studio to add on to any session at the studio before your photo session.
Jenny Cruger is a Nashville family photographer and specializes in maternity, newborn, and baby photos in Nashville and downtown Franklin.
If you love these photos, and you are looking for a Nashville family photographer I would love to begin planning your session. With over 11 years of specializing in my favorite ages of tiny humans, maternity, newborn, and young families and I would love to photograph your family! To see more of my baby & family portfolio please click over here and get in touch if this is something you would love for your family.
After my hosting company lost my entire website of 8 years in 2018, this little piece of the internet is fairly new, so I would be happy to show you what an entire gallery looks like while this new space receives more and more content including older sessions mixed among new sessions! I feel strongly that potential clients are able to see many full galleries of real sessions so you know exactly what to expect from your portraits as well! If you are interested in a custom portrait session with Jenny Cruger Photography and would like more information, please click here to learn more about me and this experience.
If you would like to reserve your 2021 or 2022 baby or family photos, in my downtown Franklin studio, field, or your home on my calendar I would love for you to contact me here.